Christmas at Disney is what dreams are made of! There are so many events happening all around the parks that you and your family will have plenty to do and enjoy throughout your trip. If you want to make sure you don’t miss out on any of the holiday fun, take a look at the best Christmas events happening during this time of the year at Disney!
1. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
This is the crown jewel of the Christmas celebrations at Disney! The event takes place every year on select nights and includes an incredible parade with all of Disney’s most beloved characters. Most attractions are open and decorated for the holidays, which means extra opportunities for special photo-ops. Plus, the characters around the parks will also be wearing their best Christmas outfits and ready to share hugs and high-fives with happy guests.
2. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
This amazing fireworks display is jam-packed with music and special effects. Held at the Chinese Theater, guests will enjoy a projection of images from some of Disney’s best holiday flicks. From Mickey’s Christmas Carol to Tim Burton’s A Nightmare Before Christmas, the scenes are truly impressive! Plus, special snacks and sweet treats are also on sale to satisfy your cravings and give the show an extra special touch.
3. Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
Experience the different Christmas and holiday traditions from around the world! This special event brings the sounds and flavors of the many different traditions to Orlando, and it’s perfect for culture lovers and foodies alike. This special festival includes live music, storytelling, delicious food, and costumed performers.
4. Epcot IllumiNations Holiday Finale
Watch the special finale of this incredible fireworks display over the World Showcase Lagoon. This incredible show features holiday messages from all around the world, plus a very moving rendition of “Let There Be Peace On Earth”. The show is meant to inspire guests, and spread good tidings over the holiday season. It’s beautiful, magical, and you can’t afford to miss it!
BONUS: Extra fun at the parks!
While these events bring in some big crowds, there are also plenty of other things to see, do and try during Christmas at Disney. From special meals to holiday-themed character meetings, you and your family will feel the joy of the holidays everywhere you go. These are some of our favorites:
- Minnie’s Holiday Dine: The holiday fun is alive and well at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The characters are dressed in seasonal clothing and you can enjoy a delicious meal while having fun and meeting some of them up-close!
- Snag a souvenir popcorn bucket: These Christmas-themed buckets are always a big hit! Make sure to take your bucket home since the characters change every year.
- Buy a personalized ornament: Bring home the magic of Christmas with a personalized, hand-painted ornament. One of the artists will be happy to add your name or whatever you want to these!
- Taste the seasonal snacks and drinks: Foodies will be happy to know that Disney serves extra special treats during the holidays. These aren’t available year-round, so try as many as you can!
- …but most importantly: have fun with your family! Coming to Disney during any time of the year is an incredible experience! Don’t forget to enjoy every moment, take as many photos as you can, and keep these memories for a lifetime.